Trader Joe's Grocery Haul

Monday, March 1, 2010


My Spring Tulips from Trader Joe's.

Today marks the beginning of the beau and my "no soda/sweet tea/fries" for 5 months challenge. The beau is addicted to soda and I am addicted French Fries. So we said, starting March 1st, we would go on a no fries, sweet tea, or soda challenge until August. I am not really a soda drinker but I cannot get enough of sweet iced tea or fries. I have been preparing for this day, by watching loads of Youtube videos of healthy meal ideas. I want to not only complete this challenge but embark on a lifestyle change. This is a new realm for me. I never used to count calories or even look at the nutritional guide printed on food items. I am going to try to blog about my experiences in hopes of getting some support and/or motivate others to do the same!

My Food Goals
1. Go to TJ's every 2 weeks.
2. Eat breakfast every day.
3. Create a M-F meal plan.
4. Sat. & Sun. will be my free days but not overdoing it.

TJ Grocery Haul
Caramel Popcorn, Organic Brown Rice, Tomato Soup, Fresh Red Salsa, Laughing Cow Light, Potato Chips, Turkey Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Pita Chips, Shredded Cheese, Frozen Sweet Corn, Frozen Pepper Blend, Potato Medley, Whole Wheat Tortilla, Tomato Basil Hummus Dip, Pre-Mix Salad, Veggie Egg Rolls, Vanilla Yogurt, Granola Cereal, French Toast, Turkey Bacon, Banana, Spring Tulips.

*updated*
I just tried the Laughing Cow Swiss cheese spread with some pita crackers. Yum, yum, yum! I did not exercise today. Today, is practically an off day for me. I lazied around the house until noon. By the time I left the house, I was starving. I got a smoothie from Smoothie King (mango, orange and something else...forgot what it was). Afterward, I went to TJ and then went on hunt to find some new vintage stores. I ate at the Sweet Lime in Little 5 Points. I ordered the Salmon Skin and Shrimp Nigiri. For dinner, I mixed the vanilla granola cereal that I bought from Trader Joe's with some Honey Bunches of Oats. I was too hungry to cook. So that will be dinner. I ate it with banana. If I get hungry later, I will have some fruit.

3 comments:

simplychic said...

my dad bought me tulips for vday and they drooped so badly! i read up on them and apparently this is part of their charm, but i didn't really like it. yours seem to be standing tall. i'm going to try to remember to check back in and see how they are doing :)

Jajababy said...

I've heard dropping a penny in the water helps prevent them from falling. I didn't do it to this one, imo.

Robin Maner said...

Hi Ja. How are you doing with the challenge so far? Sweets and sugary food really do a lot to our health when taken in excess. We gain weight, we get tooth decay, and a lot more. I hope you're doing well in this journey. A positive lifestyle change will bring about healthy smiles, for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...